Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eco Sports Car

This is my first iteration of an electric sports car inspired by Tesla Motors and other manufactures making serious inroads into more sustainable and efficient transport. My ideation started with a profile exercise then I quickly moved into a 3D program to punch out some simple forms. I like working this way because it allows me to assess the vehicles proportions from multiple angles and make the necessary fine tuning. From there I overlaid the model and began sketching to refine the surface. I imaged this car would feature a hyper light carbon fiber body, electric power plants in each of the front wheels and narrow wheels in the rear for decreased drag. I wanted the car to look like air could effortlessly stream through it. As well, I thought it might be fun to make this model a single seater to get the weight down even more.